Federal Grant Environmental Clearances
SCFSC Defensible Space Chipping Programs are funded by Federal Grants and other contributions. Environmental clearance are provided by the federal agencies involved in these grants.
General Hazardous Fuel Reduction Guidelines
- Don’t destroy any active bird nests of any size.
- Don’t work near any large active nests, such as eagle nests (3-4 feet diameter or more).
- Work can be done around (greater than 100 feet from) smaller active nests.
- Limbs and trees with and around inactive nests of any size can be removed.
- The safest time of the year for vegetation disturbing work is from September through December; the general Breeding-Fledge Season in our area is March through August.