The Santa Clara County FireSafe Council is seeking a qualified individual to fulfill the role of Hazardous Fuel Reduction Program Manager, with primary responsibility for the hazardous fuel reduction and vegetation management program.
Our work is meaningful and urgent. We work to prevent disastrous wildfires before they start and become an emergency. Join our team as we plan and implement a number of already funded hazardous fuel reduction projects as part of our wildfire risk mitigation strategy.
Under direct supervision of the Executive Director, the Program Manager will work collaboratively with our agency partners, professional tree contractors, and SCCFSC team members.
- Review hazardous fuel reduction project parameters as defined in our funding agreements, community wildfire protection plan, and new project proposals.
- Evaluate site conditions.
- Assist with biologic reviews in cooperation with our agency partners.
- Develop pre-project treatment plans and maps.
- Write bid requests and evaluate proposals.
- Select contractors or specify conservation crews as appropriate.
- Schedule vegetation treatment, monitor work and guide crew supervisors.
- Prepare post-project reports.